PDFlib 9.1 introduces new features for color handling
PDFlib releases PDFlib/PDFlib+PDI/PPS 9.1 with new features for color handling as well as an update of the free PDFlib Block Plugin with improved support for using Retina displays with Acrobat XI.
The following color-related features have been provided:
- Support for DeviceN and NChannel color spaces with an arbitrary
number of colorants
- PDF/X-5n for exchange of n-colorant production files, e.g. in the packaging industry
- SVG color extension for ICC profiles, spot and DeviceN color as well as Gray/RGB/CMYK device color for increased usability of SVG for print production
- Pantone Extended Gamut Coated (XGC) spot colors and Pantone Plus 2016 update
- Color gradients with an arbitrary number of stop colors for flexible color blends
- Color gradients between different spot colors, e.g. blends of multiple Pantone colors
- Default color spaces can be specified for pattern, templates and Type-3 font glyphs
As maintenance release for the PDFlib 9.0.x series PDFlib 9.1 also includes improvements in the following areas:
- updated language bindings, including improvements for PHP 7 and support for PHP 7.1
- robustness enhancements regarding invalid client parameters and damaged fonts
- fine-tuned font handling for form fields
- various other bug fixes and enhancements
The PDFlib Block Plugin has been updated to version 5.10. It improves support for using Retina displays with Acrobat XI and introduces a configuration feature for keyboard shortcuts.
Read more about PDFlib/PDFlib+PDI/PPS 9.1…
Get a free trial!