Version 9.2 of pdfToolbox has arrived
While this is a minor pdfToolbox-update, it packs quite a punch
Berlin, 10 April 2017 – callas software, market leader for automated PDF quality control and archival solutions, today releases version 9.2 of its pdfToolbox product line. The main new feature in pdfToolbox 9.2 is the ability to search for fix-ups, checks, profiles … across multiple libraries, but a host of smaller features can be found throughout the product.
Libraries have transformed the way people work with Checks, Fixups, Profiles and Process Plans: the ability to store those by product or client for example is a great time-saver. However, sometimes you just want to find an item you know you worked on, but you don’t remember where it was. In pdfToolbox 9.2, there is the ability to see all Checks, Fixups and so on with the Library they are in next to it, and there is a separate “Search Libraries” window to enable very detailed searches.
Other additions to pdfToolbox 9.2
The new update release introduces the following smaller features:
- Some Switchboard Actions now feature a help button at the bottom. This button leads to the callas software documentation website at: help.callassoftware.com. Not all Switchboard Actions have this yet, more will be added as time goes by.
- The “Ask at runtime” and “Variable editor” windows feature better keyboard shortcut support.
- More information is provided in the XML report for the output intent in a document, and there is a new Fixup (“Embed output intent with specified parameters”) that lets you embed an output intent without first having to create it in the pdfToolbox preferences.
- The “Place text” and “Place page number” Fixups allow adding a white background behind the added text.
- The “Outline page geometry boxes” Fixup has the possibility to select which sides of the page box should be outlined (instead of always outline all of them).
- The “Rotate page” and “Set page geometry boxes” Fixup supports using a check to define which pages should be changed. This makes it possible for example to only rotate pages 3, 7 and 10 by using a proper preflight Check that uses the sequential page number.
- The “Enlarge page” Fixup can be performed on specific pages as well, and it has new options to select which side of the page should be enlarged.
Availability and price
callas pdfToolbox 9.2 is immediately available:
- The update to pdfToolbox 9.2 is free of charge for pdfToolbox 9 users. Note that you can keep your pdfToolbox 9 keys for this update.
- pdfToolbox Desktop for manual processing as a plug-in within Adobe Acrobat or standalone, starts at € 499. An upgrade from pdfToolbox 8 costs € 199 and an upgrade from pdfToolbox 7 costs € 299.
- pdfToolbox Server, CLI and SDK for fully automated, hands-off processing and integration in other solutions start at € 3 999. Upgrades to pdfToolbox Server 9.2 are included in the Support and Maintenance Agreement. Customers without an active maintenance agreement should contact their local reseller or Four Pees.
For further inquiries regarding availability, price, options or return on investment, please contact your local reseller or Four Pees via email@example.com. A fully functional time-limited trial version can be downloaded from www.callassoftware.com.
About callas software
callas software finds simple ways to handle complex PDF challenges. As a technology innovator, callas software develops and markets PDF technology for publishing, print production, document exchange and document archiving. callas software helps agencies, publishing companies and printers to meet the challenges they face by providing software to preflight, correct and repurpose PDF files for print production and electronic publishing. Businesses and government agencies all over the world rely on callas software’s future-proof, fully PDF/A compliant archiving products. In addition, callas software technology is available as a programming library (SDK) for developers with a need for PDF optimization, validation and correction. Software vendors such as Adobe®, Quark®, Xerox® and many others have recognized the quality and flexibility provided by these callas tools and have incorporated them into their solutions.
callas software actively supports international standards and has been participating in ISO, CIP4, the European Color Initiative, the PDF Association and the Ghent PDF Workgroup. In addition, callas software is a founding member of the PDF Association and active in its board since then.
callas software is based in Berlin, Germany. For more information, visit the callas software website at: www.callassoftware.com.
T: +32 9 237 10 00