SecurSign 5 is a server-based application which encrypts, digitally signs and verifies digital signatures on PDF documents. SecurSign is designed to run in real time with other processes in an unattended environment to handle high-volume and on-demand production needs. SecurSign can also run in batch mode to encrypt, digitally sign or verify large collections of PDF documents.
Digital signatures allow organizations to distribute electronic documents without fear of tampering. Digital signatures placed by SecurSign are compatible with the Adobe® Acrobat® Digital Signature Mechanism; and, no additional software is required to open documents or verify signatures using Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader or other digital signature-aware PDF viewers. End-users with Adobe Reader or other digital signature-aware software can immediately detect whether or not a digitally-signed PDF file has been altered (verification).
SecurSign can encrypt PDF documents to restrict the end users ability to edit, copy or print with 256-bit AES encryption. Other security features in SecurSign 5 allow users to set passwords to control who may view, print, or modify a document, as well as higher level passwords that control who may change security settings.
SecurSign 5 produces ISO 32000-compliant PDF files and can perform optimization and cleanup routines, prior to signing, reducing file size in most instances.
NEW in SecurSign 5!
- Signature Validation – detects tampering independent of Acrobat
- PDF/A Support – Sign PDF/A documents without losing PDF/A compliance
- OpenType Fonts – Place signature text using any OpenType font
- 2048-Bit Key Lengths for Digital Certificates
Digital Signature and Verification Features
- Digitally Sign using visible or invisible digital signatures
- X.509v3 Digital Certificates from any Certificate Authority
- Dynamically Add New Signature Fields to any PDF page
- Multiple Digital Signatures can be applied sequentially
- Custom Graphics including watermarks, logos and handwritten signatures
- Verification to detect file modification or tampering since it was signed
- Linearization to optimize signed PDF documents with Fast Web View for faster viewing on a network
- No additional software is required – use any digital-signature aware PDF viewer to view or verify signatures
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES ) encryption algorithm with 128-bit or 256-bit key lengths
- RC4 encryption algorithm with 40-bit or 128-bit key length for compatibility with older PDF viewers
- Secure envelopes; encrypt PDF and non-PDF attachments, leaving the “envelope” PDF unencrypted
- Set User Passwords to control who may view, print, or modify a document
- Set Owner Passwords to control who may change security settings
- Set Document Permissions to control viewing, printing, copying, assembly and accessibility.
- X.509v3 Digital Certificates
- PKCS#12 Personal Information Exchange Syntax Standard
- SHA-1 Message Digests
- RC4 Stream Ciphers
- No limit on concurrent users or connections
- No limit on the number of documents processed
- No limit on threads – run as many instances as you want
- Supports PDF 1.0 and higher
- Call from any programming or scripting language including (but not limited to) Perl, PHP, Java, C++, ASP & .Net, Visual Basic, Cold Fusion and Lotus Notes
- May be integrated with other Appligent Document Solutions server products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution
Operating Systems Supported
XP (32-bit), Vista (32- and 64-bit) & 2008 Server
Linux (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.)
Kernel 2.4, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6, 32 bit
Kernel 2.6 64 bit
5.2 & above on Power
Oracle (Sun) Solaris
10 and above on SPARC
11i & above on Itanium & PA-RISC
Apple Mac OS X
10.5 & above on Intel x86
Use SecurSign as an integral part of your web server to encrypt and sign documents on the fly before delivery. In a document workflow, SecurSign can be scripted for multistage processing and deployed with our other products as part of a complete PDF workflow solution.